Sunday 2 March 2014

Missing In Action!

You may be wondering what this new show I'm so excited about doing is going to be? Well Let me explain.

Many times during my shows, I’ve had someone say to me, "They just don’t play songs like this on the radio any more".

Well that’s about to change – I’m going to be doing a brand new show called ‘Missing In Action’ where I’m going to endeavour to right that particular wrong.

I’m going to be playing those ‘lost pop hits’ that used to be on the radio but no longer fit their formats. I’m going to be playing those songs you’ve not heard on the radio in ages, and for a whole show!

Do you remember in the days before youtube, how you’d have some friends round and play your records and you’d dip in and out of singles, LPs, and even CDs, and find yourself going ‘Wow I’ve not heard that in ages’? Well I’m going to be doing just that.

Each week we’ll have a ‘Screwball’ – a novelty or oddball song from way back when.

The Flashback Three’ is where you’ll have the chance to remind me of three of your favourite hits that never get played anymore.

Off The Beaten Track’ will be where we play something that was in our Parents’ collection that we shouldn’t have liked, but did!

Every week we’ll feature a great album and play some songs from it

There’ll be the Bargain Bin Special’ where you can ask me to play a song that you’ve bought in a second hand shop, car boot sale or a charity shop. It’ll be a great ‘pop song’ that once again, doesn’t receive airplay at most stations. Best of all, you paid next to nothing for it.

And each week, I’ll post some songs on my blog that I’m not sure are Lost Or Not’ and you can decide. Once you have, we’ll play the songs if they’re ‘lost’ but won’t if they’re ‘not.

All in all it’s going to be a fun show with loads of hits that are still out there, but have been ‘Missing In Action’ for far too long! 

The show will be with you for the first time in just a few weeks. 

How does that sound to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment