Monday 23 June 2014

Being insulted doesn't work for me!

Yesterday, a station contacted me to tell me they love my shows and want them on their station and it would be great for my exposure. However it wouldn't be a paid opportunity, but it would look good for my C.V.

I've spent the last five years working to try and earn a living from this. For four of those years, I didn't really earn a penny as I learned my trade and used what I earned  to improve myself. I have been managing to syndicate my shows and getting paid of late, and that's as it should be.

I understand loads of people want to do radio and many are willing to do it for nothing. But as far as I'm concerned enough is enough,

My point is this. I didn't go asking for the job at the station - they approached me. But at the same time they patronised me and insulted my intelligence as well. If they feel my shows are great and want them, then it's only fair I should be paid for my efforts.

I felt that it warranted a measured response, but at the time I was just a tad annoyed - I will say this, I turned down their kind offer - and I took a short while to put the message below together


No comments:

Post a Comment