Wednesday 3 August 2011

Looking to the weekend

On Saturday, I'm playing at the 2nd Woodlands Charity All Dayer at the Woodlands Hotel, Haverhill. It's in aid of Help For Heroes.

I played at the first event last year, but as I needed to get away early last years I was first on the bill. This time I'm not sure when I'm playing, all I know is that I'm looking forward to it. On the decks as well that day is my fellow Solar Radio DJ, Ash Selector - it's looking to be a great day out. Starting at mid-day it's a full 12 hours with some quality DJs plying their trade.

I've been trying to decide what I fancy playing on Saturday, and it's a toss up as to whether I'll play a classic set or go for something a bit different, playing some newer songs or some remixes of some better known songs, or maybe even doing a latin jazz set.

There have been some great records out over the last 18 months or so, that I never really get chance to play out, like Sunlightsquare Latin Combo's 'I Believe In Miracles' ot Fab Samperi's 'Listen Up' that I really fancy giving a spin as well as Cuban Ize's mash up of 'African Message' which is a mash up of 'African Rhythms' and 'The Message'.

But then there are songs that I love to play like 'Mr Magician' or 'Get On Up' - the trouble is people know I like them and may be sick of me playing them.

One thing's for sure though, my set wil be dictated by what's been played by the DJ before me. So truth be told, I really don't have a clue what I'll be playing on the day!

All I know is I've got my mind on 40-50 songs that could get chucked into the mix - and to be honest... I can't wait!

It's going to be a great day, so if you've got a chance to be there, do it! 12 hours of great music... and for a good cause too. On top of that, I'll have chance to meet YOU!

See you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment