Thursday 18 August 2011

Remembering....The Bullworker


I was laying in bed this morning, thinking about stuff to talk about in my radio shows, when I had this flashback to when I was a kid.

Do you remember the 'Bullworker'?


Well, my Dad had one. He was into Karate at the time, and I suppose he used it to build muscle (I can't remember as I couldn't have been more that 10 at the time).

Anyway, being only 10, I couldn't do the excercises, that you were meant to do with it because I wasn't strong enough. But I did try to do my own thing with it. I used to stand it on the floor, and push down from the top. At the time, I reckon the 'Bullworker' probably came up to my chest, so it was still hard for me to push it down.

Well, this one particular day, I'd sneaked it out of my Dad's bedroom, and had taken it into mine. As I was going through my routine of pushing it down, I heard Mum call me for tea.

Now before I carry on, I want to remind you I was only 10, and I wasn't quite as wise as I am now. But I did like my food as much as I do  these days!

Anyway, when Mum called me, I shouted back, 'On my way', and made the big mistake of letting it go before coming back up.

The next thing I knew, I was laid flat on my back and my chin hurt like hell. The bloody thing had so much pressure in it, the minute I took my hands off it, it shot back up and hit me!

I can remember my lot taking every opportunity to tell everyone they knew about it for weeks!

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment