Tuesday 17 May 2011

Losing another group - what I'm gonna do about it - a radio show and a magazine!

Well it happened - facebook closed down another of my groups - so inside a week, I've lost around 3000 members of my groups.

Here's the question - Do we just give up and figure that the last 2 years of trying to put something together was a waste? Or do we have the faith that what we've worked so hard for is worth starting again?

You got it - we're going to re-group and build even stronger than what we had before. Over the last few months, myself & Debz have worked hard on the magazine, completely re-built the 'On The Radio' website, and I'm working on making the shows better!

I've decided we won't start up new groups. The Very, Old Very Bald James Murphy page is still there and that's where we'll concentrate on putting all the news. You can help with the rebuilding of numbers by suggesting the page to your friends - it would be great if you can do that, and it would be appreciated.

Since I last blogged, I've done the Sunday Shake Up show and the new Pure Grooves web mag is out as well.


Here's the playlist:
1 Chi-Lites - It's Time For Love
2 Bill Withers - Tender Things
3 Odyssey - Lucky Star
4 Pink - Most Girls
5 Anthony David - Something About You
6 Mykah Montgomery - Think I Like You
7 Garland Green - Ain't That Good Enough
8 Barbara Lewis - You Made Me A Woman
9 Tony Clarke - Entertainer
10 Gladys Knight & The Pips - Landlord
11 Paul Johnson - When Love Comes Calling
12 Detroit Spinners - Love Is In Season
13 Intruders - Hang On In There
14 Archie Bell & The Drells - I Could Dance All Night
15 Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
16 Grover Washington Jr - Sausalito
17 Teddy Pendergrass - Love TKO
18 Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine
19 George Benson - Breezin'
20 Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze
21 Rufus - Ain't Nobody
22 Brothers Johnson - Stomp
23 Carl Carlton - She's A Bad Mama Jama
24 Emotions - Best Of My Love
25 Joe Bataan - Sadie She Smokes
26 Rahni Harris & FLO - Six Million Steps (East Runs West)
27 Wayne Henderson - Dancin' Love Affair
To hear my Recent Shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com/

Monday morning is when the new Issue of the Pure Grooves webmag is published. This week's featured artist is Chaka Khan and there are a lot of other features for your perusal!



So that's about it for now - get ready though, because I'm in the mood to make my shows the most listened to on the net and for my discos to be the most enjoyed! I do love a challenge....


No comments:

Post a Comment