Wednesday 17 August 2011

Revisiting the past

I've been at a bit of a loose end this evening and I thought I'd revisit some of my earlier shows and listen to them again.

I started off playing the recent "Naughty But Nice" show I did, and found myself singing along to the shows and having a great time.

After that I took a show from 19th November 2009 - it was a 'Pure Grooves' 70s Soul Special show.

And there's some cracking music on it. After speaking to one of my listener's who wasn't a listener to my shows back then, I've decided I'm going to re-post the show so that people can have a listen.

These days I record all my shows as they are syndicated and so it's nice hearing one of my old live shows.

So in advance of re-running the show...

Here's the playlist:

1 First Choice - Armed & Extremely Dangerous
2 Chairman Of The Board - Everything's Tuesday
3 Barrett Strong - Man Up In The Sky
4 O'Jays - I Love Music
5 Leroy Hutson - They Got Love
6 Jnr Walker & The All Stars - Take Me Girl I'm Ready
7 Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
8 Fantastics - Something Old Something New
9 Garland Green - Ain't That Good Enough
10 Barry White - Never Never Gonna Give You Up
11 Len Boone - Love Won't Be Denied
12 Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World
13 Johnny 'Guitar' Watson - I Need It
14 Ronnie Dyson - When You Get Right Down To It
15 Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me
16 J Blackfoot - Taxi
17 Gloria Scott - Case Of Too Much Lovemaking
18 Bobby Womack - I Don't Wanna Be Hurt By Ya Love Again
19 Loleatta Holloway - Casanova
20 Raydio - Jack & Jill
21 Emotions - Best Of My Love
22 Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Bless You
23 Al Green - Call Me
24 Johnny Bristol - Do It To My Mind
25 Holland Dozier Holland - Don't Leave Me Starving For Your Love
26 Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
27 Marvin Gaye - Come Live With Me Angel
28 Brenda & The Tabulations - I Love You For All Seasons
29 Archie Bell & The Drells - I Could Dance All Night
30 Tavares - Never Had A Love Like This Before
31 Teddy Pendergrass - Come Go With Me
32 Detroit Spinners - Ghetto Child
33 David Ruffin - Until We Said Goodbye

While I think about it, don't forget that the Flashback show is a year old in 2 weeks, so if you'd like to leave a voice message to be played in the birthday show, email me your mp3 to jclmurphy@aol.com.

If you'd like a request played in the show, go to www.ontheradio.info and leave your message and request in the guestbook

No comments:

Post a Comment