Wednesday 12 October 2011

Keep on Keepin' on.....

There are times when you're striving for a goal, that you feel disheartened. When things happen that you have no control over, but nonetheless pull you down.

It happens to anyone who's trying to achieve, athletes, business people, students, all are prone to days of, not so much self doubt, but wondering where the next 'break' is going to come from.

It doesn't matter how much, and how hard you work, somehow, every now and again, it happens.

It's nice when you have a coach to help you through these times, but when you're on your own and trying to make something happen, it can be hard to pull yourself around.

I've just been going through two days of this since I found out something a couple of evenings ago that made me realise that I've been daft enough to forget that there are some two-faced people out there who are nice to your face but in reality aren't as nice as you'd like to believe.

I'm one of those people who sees the best in people until they prove me wrong, and unfortunately, I've come to the realisation that perhaps it's time I need to go down a different route to achieve my goals, as I'm the square peg trying to fit in a round hole in certain areas. Shame they couldn't be upfront and honest.

But do you know what? I'll be down for a few days, and I'll pick myself up and start all over again, because I'm bigger that the small minded people that don't want me to achieve. I should have remembered that narrow-minded people are never gonna change even when confronted with truths!

Why is it that some people want you to achieve, but not more than them? It would be different if they were willing to work as hard at it than me, but they don't want to do that. So to them I say this - 'Sit on the sidelines and watch!'

I'm proud to have achieved what I have so far, but this is only the beginning. I'm not doing what I'm doing because I want to be a big shot. It's because I've wanted to do it since I was a kid.

I'm not gonna stop - I have a right to go after my goals, and what's more, one way or other I'll get there.

I'll leave you with what keeps me going.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to have to contradict you James, but there is one thing in your statement you have got wrong. "But do you know what? I'll be down for a few days, and I'll pick myself up and start all over again, "

    That was ok right up to the last 4 words. You will not start again, because you don't need to. You will keep doing exactly what you have been doing, because you are good at it, and there are enough people that think that. The only thing you have any control over is yourself, so put the person out of your mind and life, and carry on with your great shows, and aiming for your goals. Believe in you, trust in you, do what you know you can do, and if need be learn to do other things, because it is what you choose to do to help you on your journey.

    Just be YOU. If others don't like it..its their loss not yours.

    By the way, love the poem

    ReplyDelete