Friday 29 April 2011

Requestfest, Pure Grooves and a Royal Wedding!

Yep! It's been an action packed few days. Thursday Night is Requestfest night and it was, as always right across the board with lots of requests, and of course the obligatory silly requests. No matter how hard I try to avoid them, someone always manages to do it!

So anyway, what was in this week's Requestfest?
1 Kirsty MacColl - In These Shoes
2 Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally
3 Fleetwood Mac - Oh Diane
4 Dire Straits - Twisting By The Pool
5 Kinks - Sunny Afternoon
6 Chris Andrews - Yesterday Man
7 Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining
8 Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
9 Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
10 Housemartins - Happy Hour
11 George Benson - Lady Love Me (One More Time)
12 Heatwave - Gangsters Of The Groove
13 Michael Jackson - PYT (Pretty Young Thing)
14 Aloe Blacc - I Need a Dollar
15 Jessie J ft B.o.B - Price Tag
16 Katy Perry ft Snoop Dogg - California Gurls
17 Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile
18 David Bowie - Sound & Vision
19 A-Ha - Take On Me
20 Queen - Radio Ga Ga
21 Dr Dre ft Eminem & Skylar Gray - I Need A Doctor
22 Bruno Mars - Lazy Song
23 Jagged Edge - Let's Get Married
24 Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
25 Ciara ft Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic
26 Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull - On the Floor
27 Cee Lo Green - Bright Lights Bigger City
28 AR Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls - Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny)
29 N-Dubz - Say It's Over
30 Lady Gaga - Born This Way
31 Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are
32 Britney Spears - Gimme More (Remix)
33 Bruno Mars - Grenade
34 Lady Gaga - Poker Face
35 Boo Radleys - Wake Up Boo
36 Roxette - Joyride
37 Lighthouse Family - Ocean Drive
38 Lionel Richie - Say You Say Me
39 James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
40 Chase & Status ft Plan B - End Credits
41 Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
42 Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
43 Enrique Iglesias ft Ludacris - Tonight
44 Cardigans - Love Fool
45 Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
46 Bob The Builder - Mambo No 5
47 Nizlopi - JCB Song
48 Faithless - Insomnia
49 Darude - Sandstorm
50 Cookie Collective - Key The Secret
51 Bruce Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise
52 Frankie Knuckles - Your Love
53 James - Sit Down
54 Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
55 Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
56 Clash - London Calling
57 Clash - Train In Vain (Stand By Me)
58 Dexy's Midnight Runners - Geno
59 Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
60 Tinie Tempah ft Ellie Goulding - Wonderman
61 Wretch 32 Ft L - Traktor
62 Cher - Strong Enough
63 Aggro Santos ft Kimberley Walsh - Like U Like
64 Paolo Nutini - Pencil Full Of Lead
65 Drizabone - Real Love
66 En Vogue - Hold On
As always, from there it was onto this week's Pure Grooves show -


Here's the Playlist:
1 Jesse Green - Nice 'n' Slow
2 Impressions - First Impressions
3 Jackie Moore - Do Ya Got What It Takes
4 LJ Reynolds - Don't Let Nobody Hold You Down
5 Roy Hamilton & Capiche - Turn It Up
6 Michael Wycoff - Looking Up To You
7 Tatyana Ali - Boy You Knock Me Out
8 Mary J Blige - Be Happy
9 Omar - Don't Mean A Thing
10 Joe Bataan - Latin Strut
11 Kimiko Kasai - Right Place
12 Morrissey Mullen - Slipstream
13 Gladys Knight & The Pips - Bourgie Bourgie
14 Mike & Brenda Sutton - Don't Hold Back
15 Frankie Kelly - Ain't That The Truth
16 Chanson - Don't Hold Back
17 Rose Royce - Do Your Dance
18 Herbie Hancock - I Thought It Was You
19 Funk Deluxe - This Time
20 West Philips - (I'm Just A) Sucker For A Pretty Face
21 Kleeer - Get Tough
22 Fat Larry's Band - Boogie Town
23 Ashford & Simpson - Don't Cost You Nothing
24 Len Boone - Love Won't Be Denied
25 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Today's Your Lucky Day
26 Love Unlimited Orchestra - Lift Your Hearts & Say
To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com

And on to today's Royal Wedding... well I should have been. However, like a fool I forgot to offer my services as the Royal Wedding DJ - you would have thought with the amount of self-promotion I do, I would have at least got that one sorted!

Seriously, what do you reckon the odds are that there was a DJ inside Buckingham Palace today? Precisely what I thought. I would imagine it was all canapes and string quartets and if they were lucky some live band playing some of those 'old' favourites. I mean, had I been there I have Three Degrees and Tina Turner records (that would have pleased Charles). Trouble is.... I'm not sure they'd have appreciated a jazz funk set!

Speaking of the wedding - Wow! Kate's sister - sexy or what in that dress! And I'm not the type of guy who even notices that sort of thing!

Well, I'm gonna go and take a look at my diary to see what I have booked for next year - The Queen will have been on the Throne for 60 years next year - perhaps I should send them my card and a few links to my radio shows now and get in early...

No comments:

Post a Comment