Friday 9 September 2011

Boredom.....what do you do?


It's just been one of those days - all my shows for this week are sorted, the magazine is awaiting one page and that will be ready for publication this week, I've wriiten off applications for radio jobs, sorted the new music I've bought and got it ready to go on my disco computer.

I just feel like there's something I could be doing, but for the life of me, I don't know what it is!

So what do you do? Well, I've spent most of the afternoon, surfing the web looking for stuff to stimulate me - I've listened to various Radio shows, both from the UK and abroad, and at the same time I've been reading some online radio related websites.

I suppose it's what happens, when someone who's as goal oriented as me hasn't got too much to do.

I must say it's quite unusual and perhaps I should do as a facebook friend suggested, chill out and grab a beer. But I find it hard to relax, especially when I'm on a mission of sorts.

I think the problem is that when I find myself at a loose end, I get frustrated with myself, because I feel like I'm wasting time and that I could be doing something to help me on my journey to achieving.

Perhaps my problem is that I actually need to take a break to re-charge my batteries - however, I'm not really good at that either.

It's a bit of a conundrum don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment