Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Will He? Won't He? Request Show

As I said last week, I've been feeling it's time to have a bit of fun with my shows. To that end, I've had this idea floating around in my head.

I love doing my shows, and I think they'd be even better with more audience participation. As you know, I've been doing Requestfests for a few years now, and have been thinking to myself it would be great to say 'No' when I got a request I didn't feel like playing.

With that in mind, I thought about doing a request show, but with a difference. Listeners would make the request, but if I didn't want to play it, I wouldn't, and I name them and play that game show bleep that we've all heard on 'Family Fortunes'.

Like most people, on different days, I like to hear different thing, so if I did that, a song could be requested one week and I'd play it, but in another show I may not.

So, in effect, it would be a game of 'see if you can guess what James will  play.' It could end up quite a novel show if listeners got involved.

Obviously, I'd have to do the show live - something I've not had chance to do lately.

So anyway, I thought I'd better give it a trial run and see if it would work. And so this morning I did the show. I have to say I really enjoyed doing it - we had a fair few requests and I refused a few as well.

Hopefully the listeners enjoyed being part of the show.


Here's the link: http://jamesmurphy.podomatic.com/entry/2011-09-07T06_05_23-07_00


Here's the playlist:
1 Beatles - Good Morning Good Morning
2 Perry & The Harmonics - Do The Monkey With James
3 Boz Scaggs - What Can I Say
4 Cheryl Lynn - Encore
5 Jackson 5 (The) - Looking Through The Window
6 Justin Timberlake - Love Stoned (I Think She Knows)
7 Gloria Gaynor - This Love Affair
8 Earth Wind & Fire - Got To Get You Into My Life
9 BB&Q Band - On The Beat
10 Gene Chandler - Let Me Make Love To You
11 Caro Emerald - That Man
12 Odyssey - Native New Yorker
13 Donell Jones - U Know What's Up
14 Kylie Minogue - Word Is Out (Summer Breeze Mix)
15 Jennifer Lopez - Let's Get Loud
16 Elvis Presley - Tonight Is So Right For Love
17 Buddy Holly - Rave On
18 Los Del Rio - Macarena
19 Roy Ayers - Love Will Bring Us Back Together
20 Isaac Hayes - Zeke The Freak
21 Band AKA - Joy
22 Roxy 5000 - Love Like A lady
23 Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau
24 Junior - Oh Louise
25 Dandy Livingstone - Suzanne Beware Of The Devil
26 Champs - Tequila
27 Paulette Reeves - Jazz Freak
28 Goldie Alexander - Go Back
29 MFSB - K-Jee
30 Cuban Ize - African Message
31 Carly Simon - You're So Vain
32 Barry White - Honey Please Can't You See
33 Fortunes (The) - Storm In A Teacup
34 Dobie Gray - In Crowd
35 Locksmith - Unlock The Funk
36 Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
37 Little Eva - Locomotion
38 Mascara - See You In LA-Jet Plane Ride
39 Neo - Smile
40 Don E - Love Makes The World Go Round
41 Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid
42 Raw Silk - Do It To The Music
43 Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
44 Four Seasons (The) - Save It For Me
45 Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
46 Tavares - Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel
47 Earth Wind & Fire - Brazilian Rhyme

To hear my recent shows, go to http://wwwjamesmurphy.podomatic.com

It would be great to do it again and get a more varied bunch of requests. But that's up to the listeners.

Anyway, have a listen and let me know what you think.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment