Friday 24 December 2010

Requestfest and the past few days.

As we wind up towards Christmas, it's all about getting in front, and that's what I've been doing for the past few days. Yesterday I recorded this week's Pure Grooves and Sunday Shake Up shows, as I'm tight for time to do them now. I also put up the Flashback show yesterday. With requestfest being tonight and the Unwrapped night tomorrow, it means that I needed to be on the ball getting things done, but all is done and I was ready to go to Requestfest knowing I don't have any more shows to record this side of Christmas.

As for Requestfest, it started out all 80s tonight as as the night wore on, I ended getting a load of wide ranging requests. No two Requestfests are ever the same and this one was no different. So, what did I play tonight?

1 Prince - 1999
2 Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
3 Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
4 Spandau Ballet - Gold
5 A-Ha - Take On Me
6 Housemartins - Happy Hour
7 Madness - Shut Up
8 Eighth Wonder - I'm Not Scared
9 Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
10 INXS - Need You Tonight
11 Landscape - Einstein A Go Go
12 Billy Ocean - Are You Ready
13 Chaka Khan - Eye To Eye
14 Earth Wind & Fire - I've Had Enough
15 Coldcut - People Hold On
16 David Bowie - Let's Dance
17 Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
18 Europe - Final Countdown
19 Joan Jett - I Love Rock 'n' Roll
20 Culture Club - Church Of The Poisoned Mind
21 Hall & Oates - I Can't Go For That
22 Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
23 Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid
24 Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
25 Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
26 Clash - Rock The Casbah
27 Paul Young - I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down
28 Booker T & The MGs - Green Onions
29 Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
30 Mar-Keys - Last Night
31 Jnr Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun
32 Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are
33 David Bowie - China Girl
34 David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing In The Street
35 Nickelback - How You Remind Me
36 Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
37 Red Sovine - Teddy Bear
38 Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
39 Go West - We Close Our Eyes
40 Sweet Female Attitude - Flowers
41 DJ Luck & MC Neat - Little Bit Of Luck
42 Warren G ft Nate Dogg - Regulate
43 Eminem - When I'm Gone
44 Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong
45 Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
46 Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
47 Mr Mister - Broken Wings
48 Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
49 REM ft Kate Pearson - Shiny Happy People
50 Take That - The Flood
51 Artful Dodger ft Craig David - Re-Rewind
52 Phats & Small - Turn Around
53 Shanks & Bigfoot - Sweet Like Chocolate
54 Gusto - Disco's Revenge
55 N-Dubz Ft Mr Hudson - Playing With Fire
56 Celine Dion - I´m Alive
Had a request tonight for a song I don't think I've played in over 25 years. Red Sovine's 'Teddy Bear' has to go down as one of the worst records I've ever played and I'm hoping its 25 years before I hear it again! I thought the guy was kidding when he asked for it, but it's one of those songs that reminds him of when he was a kid. You should have seen the looks on the faces of everyone in the room when it came on.

It was the first time I've had David Bowie and Mick Jagger's 'Dancing in the street' requested in a while also.

It's funny the variety of songs that get requested on a Requestfest. At one stage, I thought I was only going to get 80s songs requested all night.

Well tomorrow night sees Christmas Eve and myself and Shaun Owen's Unwrapped night. We're going to be playing right across the soul, jazz funk board so it should be a good night. I've worked Christmas Eve's before and they are generally good natured nights. Let's hope tomorrow is as well. I'm looking forward to playing a bit of Jazz Funk as I seem to have mostly been playing Motown & Northern Soul lately, so it will make a nice change to play something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment