Friday 11 February 2011

Feel Good Friday and a look back

So as we come toward the end off the week I suppose an update on what's been going on, is as good a way as any of starting.

Wednesday morning, was another early one. Up at 10 to 6, and was recording this week's Pure Grooves show by 10 past. That's the beauty of being able to record your shows from home. By half past 8 the show was done and dusted, and winging it's way to Solar Radio.

Next up I had to work on the magazine for a while - this week is Issue 26 - it's hard to believe that we've been doing it for 6 months. From 12 pages in Issue 1 to 26 in Issue 26, it seems to have taken on a life of its own. We seem to keep adding its to it, and it seems to be taking longer to do each week. We could go fortnightly to make it easier, but we can keep current by doing it weekly, so that's what we decided to do. Mind you, sometimes it's really hard to find stuff to go in it.

As I said earlier in the week, Soul Medicine is to replace 'Motown and More'. But now comes the task of getting the name into people's conciousness. I went on a marketing course a few years back and one of the things that was stressed to us , was that a person needs to see something at least 8 times before it becomes recognizable - and so I've been trying to come up with little slogans which tie to the 'Soul Medicine'  name to help people remember it easier.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do -





Hopefully this will help people to recognize the brand. I think it's important that I get the event off to a flying start. And hopefully this will help.

Wednesday evening is about the 'Flashback show.' This is sent out to the stations and published on line simultaneously each week.



Here's the playlist:
1 Rolling Stones - Route 66
2 Pete Wingfield - Eighteen With A Bullet
3 Bobby Day - Over & Over
4 Leif Garrett - I Was Made For Dancing
5 Gibson Brothers - Cuba
6 Kate Bush - Babooshka
7 Billy Ocean - Stop Me (If You've Heard It All Before)
8 Elvis Presley - King Creole
9 Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
10 Bee Gees - Massachusetts
11 Mink De Ville - Spanish Stroll
12 Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers - Goody Goody
13 Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
14 McGuinness Flint - When I'm Dead & Gone
15 Lulu - I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do)
16 Beatles - You're Gonna Lose That Girl
17 Real Thing - Raining Through My Sunshine
18 Little Anthony & The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
19 KC & the Sunshine Band - Queen Of Clubs
20 Fats Domino - So Long
To hear James' recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com/

Thursday is generally catch up day. It's the day when I sort out music that needs to be sorted for different shows etc, new music added to the disco computer and suchlike. I'm doing a wedding on Saturday that was booked last May, and so I was checking over the paperwork to make sure I could remember what's needed.

Today is college day. I'm learning how to use Dreamweaver at the moment, and I'm redesigning the 'On The Radio' website to give it a new look, in line with my other web sites. It should be finished soon and then I'll upload it and that will make the collection of web sites look uniform.

Looks like another action packeed weekend!

Catch you later....


No comments:

Post a Comment