Friday 25 February 2011

I've got that Friday Feeling!

Have you?

It's been a funny old week. In my last blog I told you about the record I heard on the radio that I didn't know the name of - well I've now got it. So that will feature in next week's Flashback Show.

'What about this week's show?' I hear you ask. Here it is

And here's the play list:
1 Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
2 Jim Lowe - Hucklebuck
3 KC & The Sunshine Band - Boogie Shoes
4 Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
5 Patsy Cline - Just Out Of Reach
6 David Essex - Gonna Make You A Star
7 Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
8 Typically Tropical - Barbados
9 Adam & The Ants - Stand & Deliver
10 Cilla Black - You're My World
11 Beatles - Day Tripper
12 Sandie Shaw - I'll Stop At Nothing
13 Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
14 Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
15 Evasions - Wikka Rap
16 Badfinger - Come & Get It
17 Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
18 Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
19 Barry Biggs - Sideshow
20 Bobby Rydell - Kissin' Time

To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com
I've had some new idents made this week as well - a set for the Flashback Show, done by Don Roberts in Canada, and also some done by Roxy 5000. They should start being played in the shows this coming week.

As always, I've been getting some new music to add to my database. A lot of it is transferred from vinyl, but I've also heard a couple of albums I liked this week and some of those tracks could well be heading into my show play lists this week as well.

My tune of the week that I've managed to lay my hands on, is by the Isley Brothers and it's the original version of 'Who's That Lady' from the 1960s.. It's pure quality. Listen out for it on my show on Sunday.

I just mentioned Roxy 5000 have done me some idents, and they have a great new single featuring Terri Walker, called 'Never Going Back'. That too will be in my show on Sunday.

So what else have I been up to this week? Well I've been preparing for next week's first Soul Medicine night on the 4th March.

I've made a mix CD to give away to the first 20 through the door, and it's jam-packed with some great tunes. Here's a sneak peek at the cover.



So what's on the CD? It' a guarded secret, but if you're one of the first 20 through the door on Friday, you'll be getting a copy, so get there early. It's FREE entry as well. It doesn't come much better than that does it.

What will I be playing on the night? I really don't know yet. It will depend on who comes through the door and what they like. Personally I can't wait. The one thing I'll assure you is that I'll be playing feel good tunes that will have you up and dancing.

Tomorrow night is going to be a great night here in Cambridge, as the Soul Express is on. Always a cracking night with a great turnout of around 3-350 people who know how to groove. I'm not playing tomorrow, so you'll find me on the dance floor.

If you go, make sure you come and say hello. Speak soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment