Wednesday 2 March 2011

Social Media - even I can do it these days!

What a day it's been today - nothing special, but in it's own way quite exciting. Well, let me put that into perspective - when you're my age and you still get excited learning new stuff, it's still all good!

For the most part of today, I've been taking a good old look around the net. Nothing unusual for me you'd think. And usually you'd be right, as I seem to spend half my life on here. However I'm generally flicking between facebook, my download sites, or hunting for information for the magazine.

Today I've actually had a look round and been trying to get my head around a few social media applications. First of all I've been taking a look around youtube. Not at all odd, you'd say, but it was for me as I rarely go on youtube. Debz is always telling me I should go on the hunt on youtube to see what other music is about, but the truth is I almost always only go on it to get the links for the magazine. Today I had a sniff around and found all sorts of stuff, including some documentries, old TV adverts, and people teaching us how to do stuff. All very interesting.

I also came across Delicious, which is a great site and I've signed up and I shall be delving further. It's great if I only ever use it to put bookmark my favourite websites, so I can get to their links if I'm away from here.

I've also finally worked out how to update my statuses on twitter and facebook by phone.

I'm getting so good aren't I? (yeah sure...)

The other day I changed some things around on my disco setup and tonight I've been making sure everything is still working. I even had an hour playing with CDs again - something I've not done in years. Since I've been using the computer, I've only had the CD players out in case I had a problem with the computer, and I rarely use them, so I thought while I had them out, I'd have a play for an hour or so. It was quite fun to be honest, but I can't say I'd want to go back to having to hunt through CDs for tracks. I also took note of how much time I had to face the back wall in order to search.

All of those things are so easy when you're using a computer. One of the main reasons I like it, is because it enables me to keep watching what's happening in the room and makes it easier to change things when needed.

I've also posted tonight's Flashback Show


Here's the playlist:
1 Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
2 Silhouettes - Get A Job
3 Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
4 Cliff Richard - I Can't Ask For Any More Than You
5 Chiffons - Sweet Talking Guy
6 Young Rascals - Groovin'
7 Chris Montez - Let's Dance
8 Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You
9 T Rex - Metal Guru
10 Bee Gees - Massachusetts
11 Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
12 Kenny - The Bump
13 Barry Blue - Dancing On A Saturday Night
14 Lee Garrett - You're My Everything
15 Millie - My Boy Lollipop
16 Elvis Presley - Girl Of My Best Friend
17 Aquatones - You
18 Jackie Wilson - That's Why (I Love You So)
19 Ricky Nelson - Be Bop Baby
20 Johnny Kidd & The Pirates - I'll Never Get Over You
To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com

That's it from me for now, adios for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment