Friday 21 January 2011

All I wanna do........

It's another cold morning in Cambridgeshire - I can't wait till it's summer! So what can I tell you about today? Not a great deal happened yesterday other than me recording this week's Pure Grooves show in the morning and a whole load of other mundane tasks. Fortunately, I was out doing Requestfest last night. So it wasn't all bad.

Once again, we had a mixture of people there. The age range seems to be 20-60 most weeks there. I sometimes wish that the older people in the pub made more requests, as I seem to get most from the younger people. It would be really nice to get a few soul lovers in as well. I like most types of music, but a bit more soul would balance it up. I could certainly do with less charty stuff. There really doesn't seem to be too much of any real quality in what I get requested that's newish.

Anyway, here's the play list.

1 Roy Orbison - I Drove All Night
2 Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do
3 John Legend - Ordinary People
4 Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
5 Pat Benetar - Love Is A Battlefield
6 AC/DC - TNT
7 Willow Smith - Whip My Hair
8 Rihanna ft Drake - What's My Name
9 Simply Red - Money's Too Tight (To Mention)
10 H2O & Platinum - What's It Gonna Be
11 War - Low Rider
12 Drizabone - Pressure
13 Olly Murs - Thinking Of Me
14 Fall Out Boy - Thanks For The Memories
15 Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Be Dee)
16 Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name
17 Bob Marley - Jammin'
18 Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
19 Guns 'n' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
20 Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Billericay Dickie
21 Kasenetz - Katz Singing Orchestral Chorus - Quick Joey Small (Run Joey Run)
22 Beatles - Penny Lane
23 Blue & Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
24 Judge Dread - Big Six
25 Rob Thomas - Lonely No More
26 Scooter - I'm Raving
27 Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
28 Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime
29 Cascada - Truly Madly Deeply
30 Tears For Fears - Shout
31 Terrorvision - Tequila (Mint Royale Shot)
32 Matumbi - Point Of View
33 KD Lang - Constant Craving
34 Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love
35 Crazy Elephant - Gimme Gimme Good Lovin
36 Gene Chandler - Get Down
37 Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
38 Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
39 Chuck Berry - Memphis Tennessee
40 Magnetic Man - I Need Air
41 JLS ft Tinie Tempah - Eyes Wide Shut
42 ABC - Look Of Love
43 Dr Dre - Forgot About Dre
44 Nelly - Just A Dream
45 Chris Brown - I Can Transform Ya
46 Isaac Hayes - Shaft
47 Darren Styles - Save Me (Sy & Unknown Remix)
48 David Bowie - China Girl
49 Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy
50 Warren G ft Nate Dogg - Regulate
51 Cee Lo Green - It's OK
52 Heatwave - Boogie Nights
53 Elton John - I'm Still Standing
54 Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name
55 Ja Rule ft Ashanti - Mesmerize
56 DJ Fresh ft Ce'cile - Gold Dust
57 Example - Kickstarts
58 Pendulum ft Spyda & Tenor Fly - Tarantula
59 Magnetic Man ft Katy B - Perfect Stranger
60 Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
61 The Source - You Got The Love
62 Journey - Don't Stop Believing
63 Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
I will say though, it was a nice change to hear Ian Dury. I remember when the 'New Boots and Panties' album came out how different it was. I have to say I always liked Ian Dury, so to get 'Billericay Dickie' requested was a nice change.

What is it with child pop stars? Willow Smith, I'm led to believe (I can't be bothered to find out) is Will Smith's 10 year old daughter. I had her single requested last night. It's just awful - to my mind she made Little Jimmy Osmond sound great! And why would anyone over 10 request it?

At the same time, I have to confess that I like Duck Sauce's 'Barbra Streisand'. But for the life of me I don't know why. The whole song is based around a sample of Boney M's 'Gotta Go Home' and they just substituted  one 4 syllable lyric for another. Perhaps I was a closet Boney M fan.

I always seem to get a few 80s pop hits as well. Still, someone's gotta do it!

I even had a request from someone who wasn't there and it was possibly the tune of the night. Before I went last night, a facebook friend of mine asked me to play 'Kasenetz - Katz Singing Orchestral Chorus - Quick Joey Small (Run Joey Run),' so I did. I really hope he enjoyed it.

Right I'm off to College soon to continue with my new college course. Catch you later....

No comments:

Post a Comment