Tuesday 11 January 2011

What's on?

I decided that I want to make the web mag even better for the new year and am adding new sections to it. However, I obviously hadn't done the research I needed to, because when I started to lay it out differently and add some of the extra things into it, it took me ages to even find what I wanted to add. I ended up spending 5-6 hours last night working to find what I needed and then only managed to find enough material to fill 3 pages. Hopefully though, now that I've started to find what I needed, it should be easier to find the sources for the information I want next time.

As I said before Christmas, I was starting a college course to get an NVQ in computing. Well I have to say today I really struggled over a couple of things and by the time I came home my brain felt like it had turned to mush. I think I let my attitude get the better of me and I mentally felt like I'd got everything wrong. Having been in this position before, I can safely say that I know when it#s time for me to take a break, so I called it a day and came home. Usually, when I go back to it, I can see it with new eyes, and then can move on.

I was rifling through some of my old albums this afternoon and picked out one to play. It was Earth Wind & Fire's "Faces" album. It's been ages since I played it last, and I forgot how good it is. With a couple of hit singles and some great album tracks, it showed that Earth Wind & Fire were on top of their game. Their brass section was the stuff of legend.


It's funny how a band can drift from your consciousness. I haven't played anything by Earth Wind and Fire in ages, and yet from about 1978 to 1983 they were one of my favourite bands, who's records I used to love to play. Who knows perhaps I'll have a bit of a resurgence of their tunes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment