Tuesday 10 May 2011

A new toy!

Whilst I was recording this week's Pure Grooves show, I just happened to be browsing the web and I came across a new toy! It's called 'Spreaker' and it allows you to broadcast live to anyone.

So as soon as I finished the show, I took a quick look round, signed up to the basic account, and within five minutes I was doing an impromptu show! With the basic version you get an ad chucked in halfway through so I wasn't quite sure how it was happening and the show can only be 30 minutes.

Anyway, I quickly put a status up and within a few minutes I had listeners in Texas, Australia, the West Of Ireland, and in the UK as well - not a bad start - turns out I had 14 listeners and it was so much fun.

I'd forgotten how good it is to be live. I may have to sign up to a proper account and start playing with it to get used to going live again. Click here to hear my tryout show.

T'was good fun and I reckon I'll be doing it again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment