Wednesday 4 May 2011

Slip of the Lip

Following on from my last Blog, I've decided to add a new feature to the Flashback show. I'm sure many of us have heard or sung misquoted lyrics.

So, starting next week, Slip of the Lip is going to become part of the Flashback show - I've already been told some great ones - as the show only plays tunes that are over 25 years old this won't be in the show, but I loved it when I heard it, so I'll share it with you.

The song: La Isla Bonita by Madonna
The correct Lyric: Young girl with eyes like the desert
The misheard lyric: Young girl with eyes like potatoes

Gill Lucraft said she was singing the wrong lyric for months!


This should be fun! If you have any you'd like to share, let me know the Misheard Lyric, the correct lyric and the story behind it. Thanks...

Checkout the Flashback show today to hear the lyric that kick started this idea. See you later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment