Sunday 16 January 2011

I Love Disco

OK so I admit it. It's to do with my age I think. This morning I've played Donna Summer's "Once Upon A Time' album for the first time in years, and it reminded me of those great Disco tunes when I was a teen. For me, Disco ended around 1981 and 1982, but there was a golden era when Disco ruled and I'm so glad I loved it.

I know all about how it was music that prospered thanks to the Gay community in America, but I've been thinking about it today, and so much of the music I love comes when I grew up during that disco period.

It's hard to say when it all started, but I would suppose Disco started around 1973 and reached it's peak around 1976-77 and when 'Saturday Night Fever' came out at the end of that year, it gave it another boost that took it through to the early 80s.

At some stage soon, I think I'm going to have to do and in-depth read up and have a blast of playing some proper disco stuff from the 70s.

In fact I think I'm gonna go and have a look and listen right now......

1 comment: