Wednesday 26 January 2011

Mid-week catch up.

Well, I can't believe it's taken me almost three days to get over being annoyed with myself for the speed camera thing on Saturday night! But finally I'm getting back to normal (for me anyway).

So what have I been up to this week. Well, Monday's are mostly about getting the Pure Grooves magazine online.


Had he still been alive, Sam Cooke would have been 80 this week, so we featured him as our featured artist and also there was a piece on him in the magazine as well. Most people will know I'm a big Sam Cooke fan, so there shouldn't be any surprise that he was featured. We're into the second week with the new look of the magazine and whilst it's looking better than ever, it's taking so much more time to do. We used to be able to put the magazine together in 10-15 hours, but it's now taking nearly double the time. We just hope the readers think it's worth the extra effort. It's hard to believe that in just under a fortnight, we'll have been doing the magazine for 6 months!

Once we got that out of the way, it was time to look toward this week's 'Flashback' show. I sorted out the play list in the afternoon, and recorded the show in the evening. As you'll know it goes out this evening on various radio stations and also as a link on facebook and on my sites.

Yesterday, I was back at College. I've started a course there and as part of that I'm learning to use Dreameaver to create web sites. I've always used 'Frontpage', so this will be a challenge, and also give me the impetus to change my ontheradio website, as I think it needs a new look.

Yesterday was a very rare day for me as I struggled totally to do anything once I'd got back from college. I really didn't feel like doing anything. I worked on the magazine for about an hour, but got bored, so I watched a couple of films instead. I watched 'The Terminator' and 'Maid In Manhattan'. Two totally different films I know , but hey.......

Afterwards, I worked on the play list for this week's Pure Grooves show and finally after I couldn't think of anything else to do, I went to bed.

The problem with going to bed early for me is that I always wake up at stupid o'clock. So by 6am this morning I was up. And by 6.30, I was recording this week's Pure Grooves show. I think it's a great show this week, with some proper good records in it.

Halfway through the show though, I realised I hadn't posted last week's show for people to listen again to - I normally do it on a Tuesday night, but with my malaise, I totally forgot, so I posted it earlier.

And that's about it for now - I'll be posting Flashback later, and I'll put both shows on here later..

Till then......

No comments:

Post a Comment