Wednesday 12 January 2011

Washing Machines, Facebook and my music

Well it's been a funny old day, which started out with a phone call at 7am to say they were delivering my new washing machine at 7.45 this morning. For starters, I was asleep when the phone went off and I really didn't want to get up this morning. My bed felt so lovely and comfortable.

Anyway they delivered it and I set about unpacking it and getting it ready to plumb it in. It always happens to me. I had to take a cover off of the washing machine to get to some rubber bungs that held the drum in place on the road. 3 screws. 2 came undone easily. 1 didn't want to know. Eventually, an hour later it was undone and I was ready to put it in.

Put it in, plumbed it in and filled with water for it's initial wash. And then I sat and was engrossed in watching the machine while it went through it's first cycle. How sad is that? I obviously needed something to do.

I just love Facebook. There, I've said it! I am a facebook-holic. I check it first thing in the morning and then what seems like every five minutes when I'm here.

I know I use it to post all my radio shows and any events I may be playing at, but it is a source of great entertainment too. Let me give you an example or two from today alone. I put a status on there about my washing machine experience this morning, and before you know it, I was getting comments that made me laugh.

There are definitely some facebook friends I would love to meet in person. Kim Kerry & Linda Oldfield for sure. Whenever I chat to these two ladies, I always end up laughing myself in to hysteria. And the level of integrity dives faster than a submarine! It's always fun to chat to these two and they certainly help to pass the time.

I recorded my Pure Grooves show for this week earlier this evening, and for almost all the time I was doing the show they were insulting me. In a nice way of course.

Of course, there are listeners to my shows that I'd love to meet as well and it's always a pleasure when I get to meet a new 'friend'.

And then it's great to keep up with old friends. I've re-met friends from my teens, whom I'd lost touch with over the years and it's great to see what they're up to.

The show this week, seemed to go really well and I was more than happy with the playlist. It looked fine when I put it together, and sounded great when I did the show. So hopefully you listeners will enjoy it too.

It takes me around two hours to put a two hour show together and it's pleasing when it seems to go well. Luckily it does most of the time.

I've also been converting some of my CDs and stuff to mp3 today to go on my disco computer. I don't think I'm ever gonna get finished. There still seems loads to do.

Went back to an old record I've not played in ages this evening. It's amazing how you forget about how good albums are? Mind you it's been a while since I played this, and I am getting on you know!


The singles, 'What Can I Say', 'Lowdown' and 'Lido Shuffle' are worth the price of the album alone. I was 17 or 18 when this album came out and listening to it tonight took me back to a time when I was footloose and fancy free. This album has class stamped all over it.

I've also done a bit to the web mag today and the new-look to it is taking place. I think it's going improve the look of it no end. You'll be able to find out next Monday.

Right I'm off to make a cuppa.......

No comments:

Post a Comment