Saturday 8 January 2011

Motown & More

Well it was the first one of the year, and although the turnout wasn't fantastic, there were a lot of new people attended and we all had a great night.

The only fly in the ointment was when the trip went in the room and all the wall sockets went off, resulting in everything shutting down. Basically we lost 5 minutes or so while the located the problem in the pub, sorted it and we got everything up and running again.

Luckily, it didn't cause too much of a problem.
Here's what I played:

1 Jimmy Ruffin - It's Wonderful To Be Loved By You
2 Barbara McNair - It Happens Everytime
3 Elgins - Put Yourself In My Place
4 Brief Encounter - What About Love
5 Buddy Miles - I'm Just A Kiss Away
6 Chi-Lites - Stoned Out Of My Mind
7 Eddie Holland - Candy To Me
8 Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl
9 Jimmy Holiday & Clyde King - Ready Willing & Able
10 Four Tops - Where Did You Go
11 Otis Leavill - Nobody But You
12 Rufus Thomas - Do The Funky Chicken
13 George Lemons - Fascinating Girl
14 Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid
15 Booker T & The MGs - Soul Limbo
16 R Dean Taylor - Let's Go Somewhere
17 Detroit Spinners - It's A Shame
18 Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is
19 Kim Weston - I'm Still Loving You
20 Tammi Terrell - This Old Heart Of Mine
21 Marvelettes - Too Many Fish In The Sea
22 Collins & Collins - At The Top Of The Stairs
23 Stevie Wonder - Blowin In The Wind
24 Spiral Staircase - More Today Than Yesterday
25 Jay Traynor - Up & Over
26 Epitome Of Sound - You Don't Love Me
27 Willie Tee - Teasin' You
28 David Ruffin - Rode By The Place (Where We Used To Stay)
29 Supremes - There's No Stopping Us Now
30 Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
31 Jimmy Ruffin - Lucky Lucky Me
32 Temptations - My Baby
33 Barbara Mills - Queen Of Fools
34 Sam Fletcher - I'd Think It Over Twice
35 Kurt Harris - Emperor Of My Baby's Heart
36 Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling
37 Contours - Just A Little Misunderstanding
38 Isley Brothers - Tell Me It's Just A Rumour
39 Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
40 Martha Reeves & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
41 Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - Going To A Go Go
42 Velvelettes - He Was Really Saying Something
43 Marvin Gaye - You're A Wonderful One
44 Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - I'm Ready For Love
45 Jnr Walker & The All Stars - Road Runner
46 Lou Johnson - Magic Potion
47 Drifters - Baby What I Mean
48 Billy Arnell & The Sparkles - Tough Girl
49 Originals - Don't Stop Now
50 Marvin Gaye - Little Darling (I Need You)
51 Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Love Is Like A Heatwave
52 Al Wilson - The Snake
53 Dobie Gray - Out On The Floor
54 R Dean Taylor - There's A Ghost In My House
55 Barry White - Don't Make Me Wait Too Long
56 Tony Etoria - I Can Prove It
57 Trammps - Hold Back The Night
58 Billy Ocean - Red Light Spells Danger
59 Isley Brothers - I Guess I'll Always Love You
60 Detroit Spinners - I'll Always Love You
61 Ruby Andrews - Just Lovin' You
62 Darrell Banks - Open The Door To Your Heart
63 Bobby Paris - I Walked Away
64 Roy Hamilton - Crackin' Up Over You
65 Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Two Can Have A Party
66 Edwin Starr - SOS  (Stop Her On Sight)
67 Supremes - The Happening
68 Four Tops - I'll Turn To Stone
69 Brenda Holloway - When I'm Gone
70 Sam Cooke - That's It - I Quit - I'm Movin' On
71 Jackie Ross - Selfish One
72 Garland Green - Ain't That Good Enough
73 Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
74 Jimmy Ruffin - I've Passed This Way Before
75 Barbara Lewis - Pushin' A Good Thing Too Far
76 Kim Weston - Another Train Coming
77 Soloman Burke - Cry To Me
78 Willie Tee - Walking Up A One Way Street
79 Timi Yuro - It'll Never Be Over For Me
80 Dean Parrish - Bricks Broken Bottles & Sticks
81 Trini Lopez - Sinner Not A Saint
82 Gloria Scott - Too Much Lovemaking
83 Impressions - It's Alright
84 Blackbyrds - Walkin' In Rhythm
85 Leroy Hutson - They Got Love

Hopefully, next month's one will be back to normal and with a bit of luck we'll have more new people to.

It was good to meet new people, especially those that are facebook friends of mine that I hadn't met face to face before last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment