Friday 18 March 2011

Comings and goings

Let's start today's blog with this week's download of the Flashback show - that went out on Wednesday and as always, contained loads of great Golden Oldies.


Here's the playlist:
1 Carole King - Smackwater Jack
2 Boz Scaggs - What Can I Say
3 Martha Reeves & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
4 Platters - Only You
5 Kenny Bernard - Pity My Feet
6 Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
7 Barbra Streisand - Evergreen
8 Babys - Isn't It Time
9 Frank Ifield - Wayward Wind
10 Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
11 Perry Como - Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes
12 Chris Farlowe - Yesterday's Papers
13 Animals - Baby Let Me Take You Home
14 Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
15 Booker T & The MGs - Time Is Tight
16 Bo Diddley - I'm a Man
17 Bert Weedon - Play That Big Guitar
18 Eddie Kendricks - A Part Of Me
19 Cupid's Inspiration - Yesterday Has Gone
20 Smiths - This Charming Man
21 Andy Stewart - Donald Where's Your Trousers
To hear James' recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podoamatic.com

Thursday was Requestfest night and also it was St Patrick's Day, so I was thinking that I could well get a few Irish songs requested. I didn't get as many as I would have expected, but once again it was a very varied selection chosen by the people in the pub.

So here's what was played:
1 Thin Lizzy - Boys Are Back In Town
2 Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
3 Nelly - Just A Dream
4 U2 - Beautiful Day
5 Olly Murs - Thinking Of Me
6 Pogues - Fiesta
7 Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out
8 Jessie J ft B.o.B - Price Tag
9 Rihanna - S&M (Come On)
10 Feargal Sharkey - A Good Heart
11 UB40 - Red Red Wine
12 House Of Pain - Jump Around
13 DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Boom Shake The Room
14 Nicki Minaj ft Drake - Moment 4 Life
15 Take That - Kidz
16 Lady Gaga - Born This Way
17 Enrique Iglesias ft Ludacris - Tonight
18 Omarion - Entourage
19 James Blunt - High
20 Nizlopi - JCB Song
21 Afroman - Because I Got High
22 Aqua - Barbie Girl
23 Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
24 Warren G ft Nate Dogg - Regulate
25 Village People - In The Navy
26 Don McLean - Vincent
27 Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
28 Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
29 Pogues & The Dubliners - Irish Rover
30 Michael Jackson - Earth Song
31 Eyeopener - Hungry Eyes
32 Electric Six - Gay Bar
33 Communards - You Are My World
34 Highwaymen - Gypsy Rover
35 Keri Hilson - Turn My Swag On
36 Nicki Minaj ft Eminem - Roman's Revenge
37 Adele - Someone Like You
38 Monkees - Daydream Believer
39 Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
40 A-Ha - Take On Me
41 Bad Manners - Lip Up Fatty
42 U2 - Angel Of Harlem
43 Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough
44 Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen Shower Scene
45 Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind (Part II)
46 Bon Jovi - Bed Of Roses
47 My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade
48 Chase & Status ft Liam Bailey - Blind Faith
49 Sub Focus - Could This Be Real
50 Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
51 Journey - Don't Stop Believing
52 Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
53 Electribe 101 - Tell Me When The Fever Ended
54 Janet Kay - Silly Games
55 Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen
56 Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
57 Ian Dury - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
59 Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry
60 Eddy Grant - Living On The Frontline
When I finished, it was a quick rush to get back in time for the start of the Pure Grooves show. This was the first week when it's gone out at its new time of midnight - 2am on a Friday morning.

I have to say it was nice to be able to hear the show. I record my Solar shows, due to the time they tend to go out. Sometimes, I'm out working and it's not possible to be there when the show is due to got out, so by recording them, it means that there's never a problem.

However, as I was back home in time, I tuned in to have a listen to it, and at the same time I informed people on facebook that I was in my chatroom on my website, and some of the listeners came into the chatroom. It's always nice when people are there with you as you can shoot the breeze with them and it's usually a laugh.

Some of you will know I'm a nostalgic sort of guy, and last week, I was in one of the facebook groups I'm a member of, and someone had posted a photo of a toy I had as a child. Not just any old toy, but my favourite toy of all time! So what was this toy? It was a Johnny Seven OMA (One Man Army) gun - 7 guns in 1. Myself and my cousin had one each, and even though 35 years have gone by, we still seem to remember this toy and the games we played with it with great affection.

Anyway, I posted the photo of this toy on my cousin's page and within minutes we were on the phone talking about it.

So yesterday I'm at home and guess what arrived? A mug with the Johnny Seven gun picture on it. My cousin only bought it for me. Now I know this sounds like nothing really, but I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat all afternoon. Here's the proof:


See what I mean? Sad I know, but it proves that old saying, "Little things......"

I have to say, I don't think in this age of Wii, DS and suchlike, kids don't have it as good as we did when with a toy and some imagination, we could be transported to this other dimension.

That's about it for now, next time I'll post the link to the Pure Grooves show. See ya soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment