Monday 21 March 2011

Here we go again....

Well, it's Monday morning and another week starts. Sometimes it feels like Groundhog Day. As usual Monday morning is an early one getting the magazine published. But more of that later.

Let's go back to the weekend first. And in the last blog I said I'd post the link to the first Pure Grooves show at my new time.

Here's the playlist:
1 Temptations - Law Of The Land
2 Billy Preston - Outa Space
3 James Brown - It's Too Funky In Here
4 Hi Rhythm - On The Loose
5 Brief Encounter - Human
6 Milton Wright - Keep It Up
7 Arnie's Love - I'm Out Of Your Life
8 Millie Jackson - Hot Wild Unrestricted
9 Billy Griffin - Serious
10 Nothende - Dance To This (Unrapped Mix)
11 Kabanya-Chemise - Feels Like Love
12 Joey Sommerville - Just Let Go
13 Onephatdeeva - Bad Habit (ATFC Club Mix)
14 Mary J Blige - Just Fine
15 Jocelyn Brown ft Oliver Cheatham - Mindbuster (Miami Collective Remix)
16 Ronny Jordan - Jackal (The)
17 Incognito - Sunburn
18 James Taylor Quartet - Starsky & Hutch
19 Linx - You're Lyin'
20 George Duke - Shine On
21 Evelyn King - If You Want My Lovin'
22 Marilyn Mccoo & Billy Davis Jr - Shine On Silver Moon
23 Charo & The Salsoul Orchestra - Dance A Little Bit Closer
24 JOB Orchestra - Don't Want That Illusion
25 Dennis Coffey - Free Spirit
To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com

This week, I didn't attend any events, purely because I needed to recharge my batteries. It's been a busy few weeks and I needed to take a break. Well, a break is stretching it a bit as I still did my Sunday Show and worked on the webmag.

Talking about the Sunday Shake Up show, here it is


Here's the playlist:
1 Phyllis Hyman - Don't Tell Me Tell Her
2 Kool & The Gang - Jones Vs Jones
3 Switch - Keeping Secrets
4 Sam Butler - I Can't Get Over You
5 Johnny Bristol - Do It To My Mind
6 Gene Chandler - I'll Make The Living
7 R Kelly - Your Body's Callin'
8 Lance Ellington - Pleasure & Pain
9 Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song
10 Robert Parker - I Caught You In A Lie
11 Brenton Wood - Catch You On The Rebound
12 Esther Phillips - Nobody But You
13 Lou Rawls - Trade Winds
14 Stevie Wonder - Bird Of Beauty
15 Lenny Williams - Shoo Doo Fu Fu Ooh!
16 George Duke - Brazilian Love Affair
17 Steve Shelto - Don't You Give Your Love Away
18 Cheryl Lynn - Encore
19 Rick James - Big Time
20 Dazz Band - Let It Whip
21 Quincy Jones ft Patti Austin - Betcha Wouldn't Hurt Me
22 John Handy - Hard Work
23 Gladys Knight & The Pips - Baby Baby Don't Waste My Time
24 Fatback Band - Goin' To See My Baby
25 Melba Moore - This Is It
26 Chi-Lites - You Don't Have To Go
27 Level 42 - Turn It On
28 Shakatak - Invitations
29 Inversions - Loco-Moto
To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com

During the show, I had a novel idea that if enough people took part, could raise a fair amount of money for charity. To find out more, take a listen!

Yesterday was spent getting the magazine prepared and finishing it off ready for publishing this morning.

Which brings us up to date.

Here's this week's magazine



There's loads to read in the magazine. Features, Coming Events, Show Links and much more.

And so it's now time to get on with this week. Catch you later...


No comments:

Post a Comment