Tuesday 22 March 2011

My Top 100 songs of all time (in 2005) Part 1

Earlier on this evening I found a list of my favourite 100 songs of all time that I compiled in 2005.

Looking through it, I found songs that are no longer in it, songs that I love more now than I did then and songs in the Top 100 that I don't like as much as I used to.

It's worth noting that as I look through the chart, there are songs there because they bring back good memories rather than how much I liked them - it makes interesting reading. I'm going to start the countdown with songs 100 - 81.

100 Electric Light Orchestra - Starlight (from the album 'Out Of The Blue')


99 The Real Thing - Raining Through My Sunshine


98 Neil Diamond - Summerlove (From the Soundtrack album 'The Jazz Singer)


97 James Taylor - Another Day (From the album 'Hourglass)


96 Percy Faith Orchestra - Theme from 'A Summer Place'



95 Gladys Knight & The Pips - A Letter Full Of Tears



94 The Stranglers - Golden Brown



93 Mink De Ville - Spanish Stroll




92 Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back to Me


91 Bobby Goldsboro - Summer (The First Time)



90 James Ingram - One Hundred Ways (From the Quincy Jones Album 'The Dude')



89 Dinah Washington - September In The Rain



88 Elvis Presley - Mess Of Blues



87 Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love



86 Electric Light Orchestra - It's Over (from the album 'Out Of The Blue')



85 Marvin Gaye - You Sure Love To Ball


84 Craig Douglas - One Hundred Pounds Of Clay



83 B52s - Love Shack



82 Elton John Band - Philadelphia Freedom



81 Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons



Well, as you can see part one is pretty varied, and it continues that way. I can remember at the time I compiled this list spending days on it, but knowing that the songs at the lower end of the chart are pretty much interchangable and on a different day would be completely different. However, during the time I compiled this chart these were indeed in my order of preference.

How did I place them in an order? I just picked them and decided which I liked more and worked my way up.

Next time, we'll go from song no 80 to 61...

No comments:

Post a Comment