Wednesday 16 February 2011

What's on, What's Happening and What's next

So Wednesday's here again and as always it's been another busy day, starting off with a visit to a Pub at around 10 this morning to see about whether they'd be interested in me doing some nights there. There may be some in the future, but certainly not before July. It's a shame, but hey that's life.

Don e a few other bits and pieces, before coming back to do a bit more work on next week's Pure Grooves web mag. I have to say it's been really heartening in the last fortnight or so to get the supportive messages we've been receiving. What's also been great is the fact that we're getting numerous subscriptions to our mailing list each day at the moment. It's a healthy sign, and one that makes us feel we're doing something right.

Late in the afternoon, this week's 'Flashback' show was added to facebook.

Here's the play list:
1 Matt Bianco - Get Out Of Your Lazy Bed
2 Sam Cooke - Frankie & Johnny
3 Modern Talking - Brother Louie
4 Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda
5 Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby
6 Archies - Sugar Sugar
7 Johnny & The Hurricanes - Reveille Rock
8 Marty Wilde - Bad Boy
9 Elvis Presley - Rock A Hula Baby
10 Rod Stewart - Maggie May
11 ELO - Sweet Talkin' Woman
12 Pickettywitch - That Same Old Feeling
13 Johnny Otis Show - Willie & The Hand Jive
14 Three Degrees - Year Of Decision
15 Clovers - Love Potion No 9
16 Buddy Holly - Listen To Me
17 Drifters - You're More Than A Number In My Little Red Book
18 Johnny Nash - What A Wonderful World
19 Marvin Rainwater - Whole Lotta Woman
20 Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com

After doing that I did a few updates to the On The Radio website.

From there I thought it was about time I did a few more vinyl conversions to add to my disco computer. It's been ages since I've done any and I always enjoy doing them, even though it's a long and labourious job.


 I did around 30 singles and an album. I now have to run them through some software and try and clean them up before I add them to the computer.

After I've done this blog, my last job of the evening will be to sort out the play list for this week's Pure Grooves show. It seems I'm getting busier and busier these days. The problem is that it's all preparation work and that's what takes time.

Speaking of Pure Grooves, yesterday, I added the links to last week's show on facebook.


Here's the playlist:
1 Incognito - 1975
2 Peo ft Mirjam - Must Be Love
3 Seductive Souls ft Aaron Washington - Your Love
4 Bobby Mardis - Keep On
5 SOS Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right)
6 Fonda Rae - Touch Me
7 Mark Morrison - Horny
8 D'Influence - Magic
9 Black Science Orchestra - Sunshine (Soul Weekender Mix)
10 Hi Tension - How Do You Feel
11 Voyage - Let's Fly Away
12 Rokotto - Boogie On Up
13 Mel Hayes & The Boogie Man Orchestra - Lady Lady Lady
14 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Where Are All My Friends
15 Earth Wind & Fire - Happy Feelin'
16 Herbie Hancock - Bomb
17 Hiroshi Fukumura - Captain Caribe
18 Tatsuro Yamashita - Solid Slider
19 Foster Sylvers - Misdemeanor
20 Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
21 Chakachas - Jungle Fever
22 Millie Jackson - Kiss You All Over
23 Heatwave - Feel Like Making Love
24 Al Mason - Good Lovin'
25 Love Unlimited Orchestra - High Steppin' Hip Dressin' Fella
26 Celi Bee & The Buzzy Bunch - Together
27 Van McCoy - Hustle
28 Natalie Cole - Annie Mae
To hear my recent shows, go to http://www.jamesmurphy.podomatic.com

And that brings us up to date.

It's nearly 10 to 9 and I'm now off to spend the next couple of hours putting this week's play list together.

Where has the day gone again?

Speak soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment